Friday, February 5, 2010

...to let you go

i held you close to me,
tried to surround you and protect you,
with my concern and care
to keep you safe, from all harm,
but it was not, what you needed

I wanted to keep you for...you, yourself not for me,
encircled and sheltered,
instead of allowing you to grow and flourish,
spread your wings, explore your potential

I now realize, I cannot contain you,
and that your happiness,
is best discovered without me

to let you go....knowing I must,
set you free,
this is the hardest task,
I have ever done

fly away, fly free, fly high
go from my sight, quickly
and do not look back
for if you do, you will see,
a smile covering, the broken heart

the tears of loss are,
slowly replaced with , tears of joy ...I hope
knowing your happiness , will soon follow
may your wings, take you to magical places,
and all your dreams be fulfilled

be happy in all you do ,
and may you find the correct path
and what you dream
that is what, I have always wanted from you.....

uncle joe
Desaru 2008

No comments: